Our Facility Management (FM) Internship program offers an opportunity for academically successful students to gain experience as emerging professionals by playing a vital role in the Smithsonian’s daily operations.
Understanding the built environment will help you excel in any career choice. The Office of Facilities Management and Reliability (OFMR) is seeking enthusiastic interns to jour our dynamic facility management team. All majors are welcome to apply!
Why choose an internship with OFMR?
- The profession of facility management is growing
- The built environment is comprised of multiple disciplines including:
- Construction Management
- Energy Management
- Occupational Health & Safety
- And More!
During their time with us every intern:
- Contributes their talents to supporting the Smithsonian’s mission
- Participates in professional development opportunities including “back of the house” facilities tours
- Sees the importance of facility management in organizational success
- Benefits from networking opportunities throughout the internship experience
- Presents their project to senior facility leaders
Qualifications for Prospective FM Interns
- Must be in good academic standing at college/university
- Must submit complete application package through SOLAA
- Must successfully complete a video interview
- Must be innovative and self-motivated
- Must provide and verify housing for term of internship
- Must provide proof of citizenship or F-1 Visa
- Must have a bank account for direct deposit of stipend payments